So, new blog from my new hard drive. Everything's started fresh again, and, to be honest? I hate it. I wouldn't mind if it was Vista. But apparently I have to stick with Windows XP still; and on SP3 for that matter, which makes Windows 98SE look wonderful, imo. I can't change the theme at all, I can't even install StyleXP. I can't seem to access over 70% of the files that were on /either/ of my old hard drives, for who knows what reason; yet I know that one of them is perfectly fine, no issues whatsoever. I lost all my programs pretty much; all the ones that matter anyway. I like Firefox now, once I modded the hell out of it, but I don't have Photoshop, 3DS Max, FL Studio, Sony Vegas, HEK, any of my games, Audacity, or anything anymore... I have instant messengers, browsers, and UVNC. Pretty much nothing... And it's ridiculous. Though I like having a new hard drive, I want my computer back again. Before long, I'm going to try to fix my computer one last time. Switch to that hard drive, try a system restore; if that doesn't work, I'll try running the WinXP installation CD and repair it... Something's gotta give. If worse comes to worse, I'll just save all of the important data on it, and completely reformat this hard drive, without installing SP3 or any of those shit updates that pretty much ruined XP entirely for me. I want something that works, not something that's so secure you can't even change your taskbar to anything other then blue/green/silver or the Classic Windows ME/98/95 themes... Fuck that.
And because of the new hard drive, I lost all the progress on modding games I had. Everything that kept me entertained and motivated, the only thing I'd do all day when I wasn't talking to Andra. I have /nothing/ right now really on my computer, and realize; I've lived on the computer for the past 4 years. This 'fresh start' made me motivated to actually get off my computer, walk all the way to a nearby restaurant (which wasn't "nearby" in the least; it was quite a walk), get some food, and walk all the way back, and rest a while before I even got back on. Those 3 hours without the computer weren't as miserable as I expected, for one reason: This computer fucking /sucks/.
I've officially convinced myself now to never listen to my dad about computers, ever again. Especially when it comes to things to do with my computer: "get this update", "install this", "put this on". Fuck that. I don't need your antiviruses that have always broken my computer, I don't need to listen to Windows Update and make my computer "more secure", nor do I need to have any special gadget I'll never use. My computer worked perfectly for 2 years without an antivirus and without updating it, and the only reason it went out was because I made the mistake of changing the NAT type in the router to Open for the Xbox; never again... If I can fix this one minor error in my computer, I won't ever have a problem for another 2 years, I bet...
I have more to rant about later... Not right now though; I want to try to fix my computer as soon as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment