Music Playlist

Summary hidden to prevent spoilers.

I decided it's time I summarize my collection of 'likes' and 'dislikes', also called turn-ons and turn-offs, of people.

--

The things I potentially like in friends:

• Admiration; I like when people can point out things they like about me, even if they're simple things. It encourages me to enjoy life more.

• Trust; Even when I haven't earned it yet, I find people putting various amounts of trust in me as a person, which inspires me to try to keep that trust secure, and treat them as fairly as I possibly can.

• Respect; This goes several ways. I like when people have the respect to not say things they know would irritate me and avoid situations to prevent from upsetting me. But I also like when they can respect my opinions, decisions, and needs. I'm me. I do things my own way, and it may not be right to you, but it is to me. Remember that.

• Compassion; If you show any concern about my well-being and feelings, I'll remember it for life. You may think you're not getting through to me and not helping, but it does help knowing somebody, no matter how significant, cares about me to some extent.

• Distance; I don't always want to talk. There are days that I honestly just feel like lying in bed and sleeping because I have no optimism. The reason I choose to do this is because at least I don't end up upsetting anyone by saying something I don't mean, or showing a lack of interest in talking to them. I just seclude myself from the world until I feel better, and am back to full strength.

• Patience; I'm a very slow-moving person, although I'll contradict this later. I don't always answer text messages right away, I'll hesitate to make any serious decisions, and sometimes I'll change my mind constantly until I finally settle on something for good. So, don't time me, and don't rush me. I need a lot of patience.


Now we'll list the general traits I like in people:

• Polite
• Random
• Sarcastic
• Hypocritical (if they admit to it)
• Selfless (not overly so)
• Ability to be independent
• Shy/easily embarrassed (contradicts the following)
• Open/straight-forward (contradicts the latter)
• Humorous (even dark humor amuses me honestly)
• Intelligence (this is abstract)


There's more I could list, but I'm lazy right now, so let's move on.

--

Specific things I dislike.

• Impatience; I can't deal with people who rush me. It stresses me out and I end up wanting to avoid them entirely. I need time, for everything.

• Clinginess; I need space. I'm a very independent, closed-off person. There are days I simply stay in my room and watch TV without talking to a single person. Those help me to maintain my personality easier. If I never had alone time, I'd be overly stressed.

• Apathy; If you show no concern or interest in me as a person, I will do the same for you. I cannot deal with someone who refuses to deal with me either.

• Selfishness; Not everything is all about you. Sometimes I have requests or things to say that should be considered as well, or at least heard. If you only care about your own desires, then I don't care about you.

• Selflessness; This doesn't contradict the latter. I simply dislike when people throw away everything for someone else. You need independence as well. If you rely on someone else entirely and put everything aside from them, you'll be broken when and if they leave.

• Ego; I don't mind if you have a playful ego and think you're an amazing person that everyone should be friends with, but don't push it too far. If you think you're above me, you should climb down from that ladder and realize the differences between us might show I'm a bit higher than you are on the echeladder. It's not the end of the world.


Now, general traits I dislike:

• Addictions (drugs, alcohol, smoking, anything unhealthy)
• Slob (I don't mind laziness, but show some concern for yourself)
• Obsessive (whatever you're dwelling on probably isn't that important)
• Ignorant (we all have our moments, but there's a limit to when it just gets annoying)
• Insensitive
• Boring (you need to have some way to entertain me or I just won't really be able to talk to you, unfortunately)


Again, I'll list more later. But for now, here's a good list.

No comments: