The mail with information I've requested has yet to arrive, but I'm not concerned. It'll arrive on it's own time, and if I need more information, my mom has told me that there's a recruiter nearby that I can talk to and ask questions if I need to. Oddly enough though, my mom has informed me of a few things:
- My dad has agreed to split the cost (I assume 50/50) of obtaining my [legit] high school diploma.
- If she can afford it, my mom has said we will get my /full/ license, not just a learner's permit.
- My dad has also agreed that if I can wait until the 1st of the year, he'll pay for a psychologist appointment.
This means basically, I will probably be getting my diploma by the first of the month as well as the psychologist appointment. Both of which, will really help me a lot. And shortly after that, I'll be getting my full license, depending on cost. We do know that we have to pay for some ADAP (Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program) or something, but if it's not too expensive and we can get through it, I won't be getting my learner's. I'll have a full license (though it'll be restricted until I'm 18, of course). And even if we can't afford the ADAP costs, my mom has said we'll get it after I'm 18 (since we don't need ADAP after 18)... So, all in all, things are falling together, rather than apart.
I'm rather happy again. I swear, I'm bipolar to a larger scale (meaning, I don't switch really fast. I just switch over time)... A lot of things have started getting better to an extent, and I'm happy about that. I'm not Christian, but I am a Deist. I get the feeling God kinda set things up. And, don't even try to say a word to make me doubt my beliefs either, people tried it; I refuse. I'm stubborn. I'm a skeptic, but I have my trust. I cannot doubt God, and I'm becoming incapable of doubting Andra. I have no reason to doubt either, so yeah... Nonetheless, Andra and I had gotten in to a fight one day, and were all "eh". I forget what about, but all I remember is I got an IM saying "make a wish.", so I looked at the clock. 11:11. She has this thing about wishing then, but I said what the hell, I'll try it. I wished that I could be with her by May. That nothing else mattered, I could care less how, I just wanted to be with her on her birthday. I no longer find her cute, naive, and innocent for wishing now... I guess I believe wishes can come true as well.
For those who are interested though in what field of the Army I was aiming for, I've decided I'd post a link for it.
http://www.goarmy.com/JobDetail.do?id=63
It's MI Systems Maintainer & Integrator (Field 35T). I would be in charge of maintaining, repairing, and support on all of the hardware, software, and networks that everything is run on, as well as integrating the software and such on the computers, and making sure everything is in check. It's basically a more advanced field than 25B, which is simply IT. It still involves 9 weeks of basic training, in which I could have /no/ contact, but as soon as those near-2 months are over, and I'm in advanced training (for 44 weeks), I could probably have phone calls from time to time, and maybe visitors. Once that year is up, I'll be in Active Duty for 2 years, which again, probably limited contact. Once that's over? I'm pretty much done, for the most part, and will return home.
Remember, this is /if/ I enlist in the first place. I may not, it just depends on how things end up. I'm hoping I won't have to, personally; It's not that I don't want to no matter what, it's just that I do have other dreams and goals I'd like to pursue before these, but they are more costly and difficult. So, it all just depends right now...
No comments:
Post a Comment