I'm listening to KC & The Sunshine Band. Currently, "Please Don't Go" is playing, but man. This brings back my childhood from the 90's, listening this on a fuckin' CASSETTE tape. That's saying something if you ask me. But it kinda makes me depressed. I can't handle nostalgia very well. I don't remember what happened through my past really. "Dissociative amnesia". Bleh. But it amuses me a little bit because Andra and her sister Casey were named after Andy Gibb and KC & The Sunshine Band. Her mom told me that when I was talking to her on the phone a long time ago. She was explaining Andra's past and stuff to me, and telling me everything I didn't know about Andra. I think she wanted me to know as much as I could about Andra so I would be less of an asshole... Why she was nice to me, I don't know... I didn't deserve it then, hell, I don't deserve it now. But I'm really happy she did, because it was almost as if she was saying she approved of me. When you have approval from the parent of the person you love, it just really sets you much higher on your hopes than you were before. Though, that was after she broke up with me, ironically... Man, how amazing that I went from music to Andra's mom, right? Not sure what to say about that.
I was listening to Skeeter Davis' song "End Of The World". Very amazing. Most of you have heard it in the new Tom Clancy's End War commercial, but I've heard it well long before that game was even in production, or even pre-production. It's a classic. I'm not as old as it, not anywhere near close. I'm a good 30 years younger, give or take a few, but it's still one I've known for a long time. I honestly do miss the classic music though. I was never a fan of classic music, but lately, it's started appealing to me. Disco, and the really old country music. I didn't care for a lot of the classics, but there are several amazing songs. Especially the one that's on my player now. I really adore that song...
In case you don't know what the song is about, the title "Sukiyaki" isn't the real title. It's the American/English title. The real title was "Ue O Muite Arukō". The first verse is as follows:
ue o muite arukō (I shall walk looking up)
namida ga kobore nai yō ni (so my tears won't fall)
omoidasu haru no hi (remembering spring days)
hitori bocchi no yoru (on this lonely night)
Wonderful song. I really /really/ love it, more than any other song from the 60's. I don't know why, it just really appeals to me. It's absolutely beautiful.
So it turns out this Christmas, isn't going to be anything more than another holiday. God I hate this country so much. This fucking country and it's economy have ruined millions of people's lives lately, and who do we have to blame? The fucking government who /pretends/ to know what it's doing. Oh right, they do know what they're doing. They're ruining our lives so that we ask for help, then they help us, but only enough so we get by. That way we depend on them, and they're in control. Fuck you, USA. Fuck you. I remember back in the 90's, sure, economy wasn't great, but it was better than it was now. I can't even afford to get my girlfriend a mere $50 present that she wants so much, because obviously I can't get a job anywhere. Much appreciated. My mom lost her job in September, still hasn't found one. My dad won't do shit really to help us out at all anyway, so whatever. I don't care about him anymore anyway. Sounds harsh, but yeah. Sure, I respect him as my father, but nothing more. He refuses to acknowledge me unless he absolutely has to, so I'll just do the damn same back to him. He doesn't deserve any acknowledgement anyway.
This blog is seriously overdelayed for posting. I got distracted by Trinity Blood... Sorry. I'll end the blog here though, nothing really left to say. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment